) a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today announced that in a comprehensive survey of companies using business intelligence software products, QlikView ranked first among the BI Giants peer group in visual analysis, innovation, agility and shortest project length. In the Visual Analysis and Data Discovery peer group, QlikView ranked first in lowest cost per seat, lowest numbers of administrators per seat, lowest cost, and mobile BI. The BI Survey 12, conducted by the Business Application Research Center (BARC), is the world’s largest independent survey of Business Intelligence (BI) and Performance Management (PM) users.
For the second straight year, QlikTech had the largest number of participants in the BI Survey. Of those participants, nearly three-fourths use QlikView as their standard for enterprise reporting and for visual analysis/data discovery. According to Carsten Bange, lead author at BARC, these results illustrate that a well-executed go-to-market strategy can deliver extreme customer value.
“QlikView scores well in a variety of areas, and tops the list when it comes to visual analysis, mobile BI, and self-service features that deliver agility in BI projects,” said Bange. “Compared to other Visual BI and Data Discovery tools, it has the best cost ratios when it comes to license fees, external implementation spend, and administrators needed per seat. In my view, this is indicative of QlikTech’s focus on building an innovative, feature-rich product.”
In continuing to outpace larger rivals in BI Giants category such as SAP (Business Objects), Oracle (Hyperion) and IBM (Cognos) and Microsoft, QlikView’s #1 ratings include:
- Visual Analysis – The QlikView Business Discovery platform enables users to conduct searches and interact with dynamic dashboards and analytics from any device. QlikView customers are more than 50 percent more inclined to use QlikView for visual analysis than the weighted average of all major BI product suites in the BI Survey 12. This is a strong indicator that QlikView is bringing a whole new level of ease of use, insight, and value to business users.
- Innovation – QlikView 11 boasts industry-leading innovations such as social and mobile Business Discovery. In the survey, customers noted visual analysis and mobile BI as key functionalities that showcase QlikView’s product innovation.
- Project Length – QlikTech’s approach of offering a flexible development environment enables skilled consultants and users to quickly build applications without being dependent on time-consuming tasks like data integration or data modeling.
- Agility – QlikView makes it easy for business analysts and BI developers to create purpose-built BI apps that users can enhance and extend as business needs change. QlikView secures a top ranking in this category for its short project length and flexibility in building and changing applications.
Among Visual Analysis and Data Discovery vendors, QlikTech ranked #1 in four categories:
- Cost/Cost Per Seat/Number of Administrators – QlikTech shows the best cost Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of all visual analysis vendors. This KPI takes into account license fees, external implementation fees and the number of administrators needed in relation to the number of seats purchased.
- Mobile BI – QlikView delivers the full power of QlikView to the mobile device – including the associative experience, interactive analysis, and search. Unlike reporting tools that require power analysts to create data queries, QlikView mobile users define their own views.
“It’s been interesting over the years of this survey to see QlikTech rise from an upstart to a leader in so many key categories among BI Giants,” adds Melanie Mack, co-author of the BI Survey. “It’s remarkable how many organizations are using QlikView today. This data shows that QlikTech has successfully addressed the self-service BI requirements of business users in areas of speed, cost and performance.”