Within the networking space, competition is always a huge consideration and I didn't feel Aruba addressed it well enough. I anticipate there will be pricing pressure from the likes of Cisco (CSCO), Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) and Juniper (JNPR). In particular, Cisco and HP has better margin leverage. Can Aruba overcome any sort of attack from either or both companies and be able to maintain its level of profitability? Also, while I'm not ready to proclaim that Aruba has any sort of technological advantage over its rivals, I think the company must figure out a way to leverage what it does well and in order to do it more effectively.
With the stock trading at $20 per share, I think there is considerable amount of value to be had. Despite the competitive pressures, the company's fundamentals are solid and seem poised to continue its growth momentum. I wonder though, how long it will remain as an independent. With such solid growth, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Aruba may one day find itself the target of an acquisition.
While I understand the response, I think investors that panicked indeed overreacted. Though the stock is not yet cheap by many standards, I think value investors with some appetite for risk, should consider this as an opportunity as part of a long-term hold.
At the time of publication, the author held no position in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @rsaintvilus This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV