- If your company plans to track online activities, determine how it will do so and make employees aware they're being monitored. Deem what is considered acceptable use and what is excessive so every case will be handled consistently. Also, define the consequences for Internet misuse.
- Managers should lead by example. Obviously, if the boss is spending a lot of time on personal tasks, it's easy for employees to think they can too.
- If a worker is found to be spending too much company time surfing the Web, the issue should be addressed directly. Refer to the company Internet policy for how to handle instances of employee misuse, especially if work activities suffer as a result.
Employers Giving Up the Fight Against Web-Surfing Workers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.