NEW YORK, Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com ) is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of ZAGG Incorporated ("ZAGG" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: ZAGG), concerning whether the board has breached its fiduciary duties to shareholders.
ZAGG provides innovative consumer products like films, skins, keyboards, cases, audio accessories, and power solutions that protect, personalize and enhance personal mobile devices.
On August 20, 2012, ZAGG filed an 8-K in which it announced the resignation of Robert G. Pedersen, the Chairman and CEO of ZAGG, on August 17, 2012. Although the Company did not explicitly disclose the reason for Pedersen's resignation, the 8-K included a general discussion of the Company's policy prohibiting holders of at least 10% of ZAGG stock from engaging in speculative transactions involving ZAGG stock, such as holding those securities in a margin account. The price of ZAGG shares fell from $8.42 per share to $7.30 per share on August 20, 2012, representing a decline of approximately 13%. ZAGG stock closed as high as $13.03 per share on April 30, 2012.During a conference call with analysts on August 28, 2012, ZAGG confirmed that Pedersen's resignation was in fact related to his sales of ZAGG stock to meet margin calls both in December 2011 and August 2012. Current holders of ZAGG shares may have a claim against the board for breaches of fiduciary duties, gross mismanagement, and/or abuse of control. If you own ZAGG shares and wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV