AXIS Capital Holdings Limited (“AXIS Capital” or the “Company”) (NYSE: AXS) today announced that Eric Gesick has joined the Company in the new position of Group Chief Actuary. Mr. Gesick, who joins the Executive Committee of AXIS Capital in this new role, will lead the Company’s actuarial function and provide review and oversight for all pricing and reserving activities. He will report directly to AXIS Capital President and CEO Albert Benchimol and will be based in the Company’s Bermuda head office.
Prior to joining AXIS Capital, Mr. Gesick served as Chief Actuarial Officer for PartnerRe. Mr. Gesick has over 20 years of experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry in the U.S., Bermuda and European markets including actuarial, underwriting and operational roles. Mr. Gesick is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society, a member of the Academy of Actuaries and holds a B.B.A. in Actuarial Science from the University of Wisconsin as well as a CFA designation.
Albert Benchimol, President and Chief Executive Officer of AXIS Capital, commented: “I am delighted to welcome Eric to our executive team. I know him to be an outstanding actuary and a talented business leader, and I look forward to his important contributions to AXIS Capital’s profitable growth.”
AXIS Capital is a Bermuda-based global provider of specialty lines insurance and treaty reinsurance with shareholders’ equity at June 30, 2012 of $5.7 billion and locations in Bermuda, the United States, Europe, Singapore, Canada, Australia and Latin America. Its operating subsidiaries have been assigned a rating of “A+” (“Strong”) by Standard & Poor’s and “A” (“Excellent”) by A.M. Best. AXIS Capital and AXIS Specialty Finance LLC have been assigned senior unsecured debt ratings of A- (stable) by Standard & Poor’s and Baa1 (stable) by Moody’s Investors Service. For more information about AXIS Capital, visit our website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV