The same is true across the board. Fox is copying the other studios with a range of Fox-based cable networks, like FX and Fox Movie Channel, which it can load free with shows from its library. All that cash flows down to the bottom line.
Fox can do with its sports channels the same thing
ESPN has done with its sports channels -- you do know that sports represents about 40% of your cable bill? Well,
ESPN has figured a way to get a cut of your Internet bill, too, as
With the print publishing gone, Fox can make another run at the rest of BskyB, maybe even acquire News Corp.'s
(DISH). That's more distribution for existing programming, guaranteed carriage for the new
Fox cable networks, plus a cut of every other studio's action. Also, they could kill Dish's ad-skipping technology,
Assuming the new company (I'll call it Fox Inc.) learns these lessons about the key being distribution, it can make another run at the Internet, using the sports model, and find even more money, with very little effort. The Fox name, it has been said, stems from William Fox, a Hungarian-born entrepreneur who was seeking the same synergies when the Great Depression intervened.With both Rupert and James Murdoch discredited in the phone tapping scandal,
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV