Conifer Health Solutions, LLC, a subsidiary of Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) and a leader in business process management solutions for healthcare providers, has established an annual scholarship program to recognize Health Information Management (HIM) students who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to community service. Conifer Health has committed $7,000 annually in scholarship funds to the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Foundation for five years.
Conifer Health established the educational scholarships to encourage participation in community service and service learning projects that focus on enhancing rural and underserved communities. The scholarships are part of Conifer Health’s overall corporate social responsibility (CSR) program, which allows the company, its employees and its clients to support their communities through charitable organizations like Habitat for Humanity, March of Dimes and the American Heart Association.
“Conifer Health believes social responsibility should be cultivated into the education process,” said Paula Lawlor, vice president of Hospital Operations for Conifer Health Solutions. "With these scholarships, Conifer is granting opportunities for health information students to make a difference in their communities.”
The AHIMA Foundation annually offers merit scholarships to outstanding currently-enrolled undergraduates in HIM and health information technology (HIT), as well as to professionals pursuing graduate degrees in areas related to health information.There are four levels of scholarships offered:
- Associate's degree - $1,000 award for students pursuing a Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education ( CAHIIM) accredited AA degree in HIM or HIT
- Bachelor's degree/Post-Baccalaureate certificate - $1,500 award for students pursuing a CAHIIM accredited BA/BS degree or a Post-Baccalaureate certificate in HIM or HIT
- Master's degree - $2,000 award for students pursuing a Master's degree in areas related to HIM or health informatics
- Doctoral degree - $2,500 award for students pursuing a doctoral degree in an area related to health information
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts