Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Dilony S.A. for a new Hyatt hotel in Montevideo, Uruguay. Hyatt Montevideo will mark the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Uruguay, bringing the total number of announced Hyatt-branded hotels under development in Latin America to 14.
Hyatt Montevideo will be the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Uruguay. (C) WSW Montevideo
“We are excited to work with Dilony S.A. on the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Uruguay,” said Pat McCudden, Senior Vice President, Real Estate and Development, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “This project is an important step in our broader plans to establish Hyatt properties in all of the major gateway and capital cities in Latin America, and we believe that the Hyatt brand and the excellent location of the hotel in Montevideo will have strong appeal to business and leisure travelers visiting the region.”
Expected to open in 2015, Hyatt Montevideo will be situated along the Rambla Republica del Peru, a major thoroughfare along the coastline of Montevideo. Located in the city’s Pocitos neighborhood, the hotel will be in close proximity to many of area’s business and leisure districts, including Ciudad Vieja, the World Trade Center and the Montevideo Shopping Center. Additionally, Carrasco International Airport is easily accessible from the hotel.
Hyatt Montevideo will offer 167 guestrooms, including 14 suites, which will range in size from 484 sq ft (45 sq m) to 861 sq ft (80 sq m). The hotel will also offer an all-day dining restaurant, a lobby lounge, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and more than 6,200 sq ft (585 sq m) of meeting and event space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV