A previous version of this story published at 2:22 p.m. ET incorrectly referred to Waze as Wave.
Apple announced Tuesday it plans to release its fiscal fourth-quarter results after the closing bell on Oct. 25. A conference call is slated to follow at 5 p.m. EST the same day.
Late in September, Apple said it sold 5 million iPhone 5s in the product's first weekend of availability, breaking the record set by the iPhone 4S.Some Apple watchers were disappointed by that initial tally, but it is unclear if the 5 million number includes the 2 million iPhone 5s that were pre-ordered on the first day it was available, which was also a record. Apple has come under scrutiny lately, as its Apple Maps program has been deemed an inferior product to the one it replaced, Google (GOOG) Maps. CEO Tim Cook eventually apologized to customers, saying, "We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better." Cook went so far as to recommend competing applications, including Google's, Nokia's (NOK), Waze and others. Apple Maps Apology: Tim Cook's Grand Slam Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters currently expect the Cupertino, Calif.-based tech giant to earn $8.89 per share on $36.3 billion in revenue in the September-ended period. That view is up from last year when the company generated a profit of $7.05 per share on sales of $28.27 billion. After sinking as low as $650.65 earlier in the day, shares of Apple were adding 0.29% to $661.31 in late trades on volume of more than 22 million. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV