NEW YORK (TheStreet) - The refreshed design had been rumored for months. And today, HTC confirmed that its new Android flagship, the One X+ is on the way. AT&T (T) says it will be marketing the handset within "the coming months."
The phone will retain the sleek design of the original One X; 4.7-inch Super LCD touchscreen, 8 megapixel camera with f/2.0 lens, Beats Audio and 4G/LTE data capabilities. In addition, the new model will sport a quad-core, 1.7 GHz Nvidia (NVDA) Tegra 3 processor, a whopping 64 GB of internal storage, a larger battery (2100 mAh) and will run on Google's (GOOG) Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
AT&T will continue to sell the original HTC One X phone at a lower price.
In addition to the One X+, AT&T will also get a new mid-sized Android from HTC. The new One VX will have a slightly smaller 4.5-inch Super LCD screen, dual-core 1.2 GHZ Qualcomm (QCOM) Snapdragon S4 processor, a 5MP camera with f/2.0 lens, 8 GB of internal storage. The device, which is said to weigh only 4.4 ounces, will launch running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and will be upgradable to 4.1 in the "coming months".So far, AT&T has been mum about any of its upcoming pricing and/or actual dates of availability for either of the new phones. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV