Einhorn also touched on several other ideas, including another mention of his short position in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), which he spoke about last year as well. Since Einhorn targeted the company as a short investment idea, Green Mountain shares have lost a substantial amount. "Everything I said last year is true," Einhorn said Tuesday.
He also discussed on the company's relationship with Starbucks (SBUX), which appears rocky at best. The relationship is non-exclusive, and Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz recently said, "I think for the time being we are committed to the partnership."
Einhorn also weighed in on Green Mountain's spending issues. He said the company's capital expenditures are still excessive with costs running more than four times their competitors. Either the company has improper accounting, or they are "unconscionably wasteful."
Other investment ideas Einhorn mentioned were being long Cigna (CI), the HMO provider, as investors overreact to Obamacare and fluctuating profits. He also highlighted Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) as a short, with same-store-sales falling and increased competition from places like Taco Bell, owned by Yum Brands (YUM).--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV