Farmer Brothers (NASDAQ: FARM) has launched Artisan Collection by Farmer Brothers™, the company’s first specialty line of world-class coffees that are available through its nationwide direct-store-delivery (DSD) network. These carefully selected coffees are coaxed to perfection by seasoned roasters and tested by skilled baristas. The line includes unique single origins as well as traditional coffeehouse favorites. Further, every bag of Artisan Collection coffees comes in innovative, one-way valved packaging to maintain a peak level of freshness and flavor. This unique line is one of the very few sustainably produced coffees sold at this scale through nationwide DSD distribution.
As part of Farmer Brothers’ sustainability mission of reducing impact on the environment, these coffees are roasted in a LEED® Silver Certified facility that was built with recycled materials and is operated with industry-leading practices for waste control and energy consumption. What’s more, proceeds from the sale of these coffees support food security projects in Central America coffee communities.
Fourteen new varieties are now available in the Artisan Collection line, and each variety is handcrafted by their Roastmaster in small batches, yielding the most flavorful cup of coffee possible. The majority of the blends are either Rainforest Alliance™ Certified or USDA Certified Organic and Fair Trade Certified™. The new portfolio will target “coffee destination” establishments such as upscale restaurants, college campuses, hospitality, gaming channels and, of course, coffeehouses.
“Our customers are excited, and their response to the Artisan Collection has been beyond our expectations,” said Michael Keown, President and CEO, Farmer Brothers. “The Artisan Collection by Farmer Brothers™ provides a new level of handcrafted quality, freshness and sustainability with our enhanced world-class specialty coffee capabilities, nationwide reach and a deeper commitment to social responsibility.”Artisan Collection by Farmer Brothers™ offers a range of light, medium and dark roast coffee blends. From the signature 18 th Street Blend™, a call out to where the company’s first coffees were roasted in downtown Los Angeles a century ago, to the creamy and smooth Velvet Roast® Espresso, this new collection offers a flavor profile for all discerning taste buds. The line-up includes:
- 18th Street Blend™ (Light Roast): Bright and complex with a toasty finish.
- Decaf 18th Street Blend™ (Medium Roast): Caramel sweetness with a chocolate finish.
- Breakfast Blend (Light Roast): Green apple crispness with a lingering finish, and is Rainforest Alliance Certified™.
- Peak Roast® Espresso (Medium Roast): Balanced with dark chocolate notes, roasty flavor and aroma and is Rainforest Alliance Certified™.
- Rift Valley African Blend (Medium Roast): Seasonally available, with notes of lemon, blueberries and brown sugar.
- Peru Sunrise Blend (Medium Roast): Seasonally available with milk chocolate, orange peel and floral aroma, and is Organic and Fair Trade Certified.
- Lake Toba Indonesian Blend (Medium Roast): Seasonally available with a thick, rich body finished by herbal sweetness.
- South Bay Blend™ (Medium Roast): Creamy and round with a spicy lemon flavor.
- Portland Coffeehouse® Blend (Medium Roast): Combination of nutmeg, lemon and a long finish that is Organic and Fair Trade Certified™.
- Trattoria Blend (Medium Roast): Has bittersweet chocolate and nutty caramel flavor, and is Rainforest Alliance Certified™.
- Velvet Roast® Espresso (Dark Roast): Creamy smoothness with a fruity finish and is Organic and Fair Trade Certified™.
- Italian Roast (Dark Roast): Contains nutty, spicy and toasty flavors.
- French Roast (Dark Roast): Rich, dark and intense and is Organic and Fair Trade Certified™.
- Decaf French Roast (Dark Roast): Balanced acidity with a smoky finish, and is Organic and Fair Trade Certified™.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts