After six months and nearly two dozen cities, Avnet’s X-fest technical sessions are complete – training more than 5,000 engineers the world over. This year’s X-fest events, created by Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), and Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX), broke attendance records and helped engineers gain a better understanding of Xilinx’s 7 series All Programmable FPGAs (field-programmable gate arrays) and All Programmable SoCs. To view a breakdown of the impact of X-fest 2012, download the infographic here.
“With each event, X-fest 2012 built incredible momentum reaching nearly 950 engineers in Beijing alone,” said Tim Barber, senior vice president, design chain business development, Avnet Electronics Marketing. “The overwhelmingly positive response we received throughout this program reinforces the importance this type of training has on the world’s engineering community. Avnet is committed to continuing our longstanding tradition of delivering comprehensive technical training wherever you design.”
X-fest attendees were treated to a free, day-long seminar series that was fully customizable based on three unique tracks:
- The FPGA Fundamentals track featured four courses aimed at common design issues both new and advanced FPGA designers face. Topics around Xilinx 28nm 7 series FPGAs included power design, optimizing memory interfaces, clocking and PCIe interface implementations.
- The Applications track delved deeper into design methodologies and techniques required when designing with the Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoC and 7 series All Programmable FPGAs. Application oriented topics included wired communications, motor control, video and real-world analog processing.
- The Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoC track provided four courses dedicated to the ARM® dual core Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ based device. Topics included an introductory overview of the Zynq-7000 device architecture, development tools overview, and software acceleration techniques.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV