SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Oct. 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNSS) today announced two management promotions, effective October 1, 2012. Deborah A. Thomas, Ph.D., has been promoted to Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Gene C. Jamieson has been promoted to Vice President, Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC).
Adam Craig, M.D., Ph.D., M.B.A., Executive Vice President, Development and Chief Medical Officer of Sunesis, commented, "Debbie and Gene have been integral members of Sunesis' management team, each contributing to the rigorous and successful conduct of our Phase 3 VALOR trial of vosaroxin in acute myeloid leukemia. As we look to full enrollment of VALOR in 2013, and anticipated unblinding of the trial in the first half of 2014, Regulatory Affairs and CMC will be critical components of our commercialization efforts. I congratulate Debbie and Gene on their well-deserved promotions, and look forward to their valued insights and leadership during this exciting time."
Dr. Thomas joined Sunesis in November 2011 as Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs. She has over 20 years of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry experience, with broad-based expertise in toxicology, project leadership and regulatory affairs. Dr. Thomas came to Sunesis from BiPar Sciences, where she was Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, providing strategic input into their clinical development plans and serving as that company's primary point of contact to the FDA. Prior to BiPar, Dr. Thomas served in various management positions at Genentech, Inc. from 1990 to 2007, most recently as Senior Director, Department of Clinical Regulatory Affairs. Dr. Thomas was awarded a B.S. in Microbiology and Ph.D. in toxicology from the University of Kentucky.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV