While I personally don't believe Ampligen will receive FDA approval and I'm not a fan of the company, I do see an excellent trading opportunity as we get closer to the FDA advisory panel. Make note that Hemispherx's share price has already increased over 100% since late July, which could lessen the run-up trade opportunity.
Hemispherx can raise cash through an existing $75 million "At-The-Market" equity credit facility and just received shareholder approval to use up to 75 million shares for fund-raising purposes. The expectation that a company is planning to dilute and raise cash can tamp down the run-up trade.
And remember, Hemispherx is a trade, not an investment. Never fall in love with a small-cap biotech stock.
Messier has no positon in Hemispherx.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV