Research Finds Nearly Half Of Online German Consumers Purchase Because Of Email
A new study released today by global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) found nearly half of online German consumers have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message.
Based on a survey of more than 1,200 online German consumers (ages 18 and older), ExactTarget’s Digital Republic report is the latest research report in ExactTarget’s Subscribers, Fans and Followers series to explore consumer behavior across email, Facebook and Twitter in markets around the globe.
Key findings of the study include:
- Emailo 94 percent of online German consumers subscribe to at least one email marketing programo 45 percent of consumers that subscribe to brand’s email programs have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing messageo 80 percent of consumers check email at least once per day
- Facebooko 39 percent of online German consumers interact with brands on Facebooko 15 percent of consumers on Facebook have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Facebooko 25 percent of consumers report “liking” a brand because they already shop or purchase regularly from the brand
- Twittero 7 percent of online German consumers interact with brands on Twittero 19 percent of German consumers who have made a purchase influenced by Twitter do not have their own Twitter accounto 61 percent of Twitter users check their feed at least once per day
“German consumers are among the most active social media observers we’ve surveyed,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “Our new Digital Republic research provides an in-depth look at the German market, giving marketers exclusive insights into why consumersengage with brands across email, Facebook and Twitter.”To download ExactTarget’s Digital Republic research report, click here. The debut of the German research follows the launch of studies in the U.S., U.K., Brazil and Australia, allowing marketers to compare how consumers around the globe interact with brands across email, Facebook and Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV