NEW YORK, Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, Inc., NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, announced the release of the SB Authority Index of small business indicators for August 2012, reaching 113.57 points, up .60% from July 2012. Activity in Newtek's merchant processing volume scale and the Russell Microcap Index data led the increase.
President and CEO, Barry Sloane said, "The SB Authority Index is showing some signs of life in the results for the month of August. Two components in particular showed good gains, pulling the index higher in a tough economy. Both the Russell Microcap Stock Index and Newtek's own proprietary merchant processing data showed strong growth among small and medium-sized businesses, leading the index higher with a .60% gain for the month of August. Strong consumer spending led the merchant processing index higher. The Russell Microcap Index rising is, in our opinion, a function of Federal Reserve Bank easing of monetary conditions, forcing interest rates lower and creating liquidity which invariably runs into equities. The stock market's rise is good for the incumbent President in his re-election bid, as people feel richer in their retirement accounts and cost of capital becomes cheaper for business. A great question is, will this pump priming last for the long term? Based on the data we have today, it is hard to determine if the up-tick in the SB Authority Index reflects a moment in time or a slight continuing uptrend."
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Electronic Payment Processing : eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending : Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans through our lending subsidiary, Newtek Small Business Finance, Inc.
- Insurance Services : Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll : Complete payroll management and processing services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV