ATLANTA, Oct. 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The rapid evolution and proliferation of mobile devices, including smart phones and tablets, has changed the way technology vendors serve their customers and partners. The "bring your own device" (BYOD) technology movement has resulted in customers expecting mobile solutions that are available on whatever device is preferred by the user. To meet these expectations, Manhattan Associates (Nasdaq:MANH) has announced the creation of Manhattan Mobility Labs, a development team with a specific focus on mobile applications and their ability to extend the Manhattan SCOPE® platform of supply chain optimization solutions.
"The creation of Manhattan Mobility Labs is a result of the collaboration we have with our customers in creating solutions that enable the mobile workforce and increase employee productivity," said David Landau, vice president, product management, Manhattan Associates. "In addition to our current mobile offerings, we have several exciting upcoming initiatives, built on a common mobile framework and available on popular mobile devices and tablets.""These applications are designed to help executives and staff alike break away from their desktops and be more engaged and effective in the field- regardless of whether their field is the warehouse, a store or an airport," continued Landau. "Retail associates are provided the information and ability to save sales and deliver zero disappointment experiences to consumers while warehouse managers are provided tools and information at their fingertips to help drive operational excellence." The new solutions from Manhattan Mobility Labs will leverage Manhattan's Supply Chain Process Platform (SCPP) and feature mobile web applications developed using standard technology frameworks. Current Manhattan Associates mobile applications include:
- Store Inventory Management: Provides a suite of tools to manage inventory in the store, from receiving through cycle counting. Accurate store-level inventory is vital to offering and keeping omni-channel retail promises.
- Distributed Selling: Enhances in-store customer service by allowing retail associates to use mobile devices to quickly see and locate both on-hand and in-flight inventory at any point in the supply chain, track the status of their orders, and provide customers with delivery options.
- Supplier Enablement: A mobile solution that enables a customer to work with key business suppliers and trading partners to view and coordinate purchase orders, order fulfillment and inventory shipping from any mobile device.
- Mobile Supply Chain Intelligence: Enables a customer to view dashboards or reports from Manhattan's Supply Chain Intelligence application on a tablet or mobile device, to keep executives up to date on supply chain performance on-the-go, from anywhere in the world.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts