IndexIQ, a leading developer of index-based alternative investment solutions, today announced the performance of its proprietary family of hedge fund replication and alternative beta indexes.
Designed as investable benchmarks that replicate the performance characteristics of sophisticated hedge fund strategies, the IQ Hedge™ benchmark indexes were originally introduced on March 30, 2007, and have been calculating live since that date. IQ Hedge is the first family of investable benchmark indexes covering hedge fund replication/alternative beta strategies.
For the period ended September 30, 2012, the returns for the indexes were as follows:
|IQ HEDGE FUND REPLICATION - Beta Indexes|
|1 Month||3 Month||YTD||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year|
|IQ Hedge Global Macro Beta Index||IQHGGMB||0.49%||4.04%||7.45%||7.90%||5.09%||2.57%|
|IQ Hedge Long/Short Beta Index||IQHGLSB||2.99%||6.66%||10.13%||15.24%||4.29%||-1.12%|
|IQ Hedge Event-Driven Beta Index||IQHGEDB||1.60%||4.09%||6.71%||8.96%||5.13%||3.36%|
|IQ Hedge Market Neutral Beta Index||IQHGMNB||0.54%||0.89%||1.54%||2.04%||1.31%||1.82%|
|IQ Hedge Emerging Markets Beta Index||IQHGEMB||2.30%||2.86%||4.93%||7.83%||2.05%||4.70%|
|IQ Hedge Fixed Income Arbitrage Beta Index||IQHGFIB||0.41%||2.08%||7.45%||13.58%||5.45%||3.49%|
|IQ Hedge Composite Beta Index||IQHGCOB||1.39%||3.44%||6.38%||9.23%||3.97%||N/A|
Performance greater than one year is annualized. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Since its founding in 2006, IndexIQ has been a pioneer in the development and application of innovative index-based investment strategies. The IQ Hedge Indexes are increasingly being used as the basis of investment products worldwide, and as benchmarks for advisors to determine how well their actively managed hedge funds and alternative mutual funds are actually performing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV