CLEVELAND, Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Beth Mooney, CEO of KeyCorp, has been ranked second on the American Banker 2012 list of 25 Top Women in Banking. The annual list recognizes significant contributions made by women to the industry and their respective institutions.
The award notes multiple significant accomplishments that earned Mooney, the first woman to head a top 20 independent U.S. bank, this top ranking:
- After taking over as chairman and CEO in April of 2011, Mooney doubled net income attributable to common shareholders from the prior year, to $857 million, and reduced nonperforming assets 36%. The American Banker comments: "(These are) results so strong that the number of financial analysts with buy ratings on the company tripled by year end, from four to 12."
- Mooney won regulatory approval of a capital plan that included a $344 million share repurchase program and a dividend increase.
- She joined Key in 2006 as head of Community Banking, which has a 14-state footprint reaching from Maine to Alaska. She led the unit through the financial crisis, and, while competitors retreated, made acquisitions to strengthen market share.
In addition, Maria Coyne, KeyCorp's Executive Vice President of Consumer and Small Business Banking, was ranked 13 th on the American Banker's Top 25 Women to Watch list. The publication recognized Coyne's leadership in growing Key's number of SBA-backed loans last year, her mentorship, and added responsibilities in leading Key's Consumer Banking segment.
About KeyKey traces its history back more than 160 years and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $86.5 billion at June 30, 2012. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals and small businesses through its 14-state branch network under the name KeyBank National Association.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV