- After taking over as chairman and CEO in April of 2011, Mooney doubled net income attributable to common shareholders from the prior year, to $857 million, and reduced nonperforming assets 36%. The American Banker comments: "(These are) results so strong that the number of financial analysts with buy ratings on the company tripled by year end, from four to 12."
- Mooney won regulatory approval of a capital plan that included a $344 million share repurchase program and a dividend increase.
- She joined Key in 2006 as head of Community Banking, which has a 14-state footprint reaching from Maine to Alaska. She led the unit through the financial crisis, and, while competitors retreated, made acquisitions to strengthen market share.
KeyCorp CEO Beth Mooney Ranked Second Among 25 Top Women In Banking
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts