Dynasil Corporation of America (NASDAQ: DYSL) today announced that its contract research subsidiary, RMD Inc., has received grants totaling $3.45 million under the U.S. Department of Energy’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs.
“RMD continues to be recognized as providing world class research in the areas of scintillation, sensing and nondestructive testing technologies,” said Peter Sulick, Dynasil’s Chairman of the Board, Interim Chief Executive Officer and President. “These awards underscore RMD’s pivotal role in applying material science and non destructive technologies to new detection and analysis methods for the government’s most critical security, industrial, energy and medical objectives.”
Three Phase II Grants
SBIR/STTR Phase II DOE programs represent funding for the principal R&D effort, with awards up to $1 million over two years. RMD received three Phase II grants of $1 million each for the following:
- Eddy Current Technology –Further development of the Company’s magnetic solid-state sensor arrays for through-wall inspection of nuclear power plant components.
- High-Resolution Scintillators – Continued engineering of high-resolution scintillators to enhance current state-of-the-art X-ray detection technology for applications such as synchrotron studies, homeland security as well as medical research for drug development.
- High-Resolution Sensors –Development of the new scintillator materials for advanced analysis of electromagnetic radiation, which is used in areas such as scanning equipment at ports, airports and border crossings and medical imaging.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV