JEFFERSON, La., Oct. 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stewart Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq:STEI) reported today that it has purchased Garden Oaks Funeral Home in Houston.
"I am proud that Garden Oaks Funeral Home has joined our family of businesses serving the Houston market," said President and Chief Executive Officer Thomas M. Kitchen. "Our growth strategy involves seeking out and acquiring quality businesses to complement our existing operations." Kitchen said he is pleased that former owner/operator Dr. Charles Cho will remain as a valued consultant. "Because of Dr. Cho's leadership, this facility's strong reputation and high standards will certainly enhance the service we provide families."
Executive Vice President of Operations and Sales Kenneth G. Myers is pleased to welcome the dedicated Garden Oaks Funeral Home staff to Stewart's Southwestern Region team. "This facility has been providing caring, quality service to families since 1995," Myers said. "We look forward to expanding our ability to now serve the multi-cultural community of West Houston."Founded in 1910, Stewart Enterprises, Inc. is the second largest provider of products and services in the death care industry in the United States, currently owning and operating 218 funeral homes and 141 cemeteries. Through its subsidiaries, the Company provides a complete range of funeral and cremation merchandise and services, along with cemetery property, merchandise and services, both at the time of need and on a preneed basis. The Stewart Enterprises, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=4456
CONTACT: Martin R. de Laureal Stewart Enterprises, Inc. 1333 S. Clearview Parkway Jefferson, LA 70121 504-729-1400
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV