SAINT PAUL, Minn., Oct. 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Communicators and technologists from across the federal government will convene on October 16, 2012 to exchange best practices in leadership development, new technologies, and digital communications. The free event, titled, " Digital Government: The Transformative Power of Communications," is hosted by GovDelivery, the leading provider of public sector digital communications solutions, and will be held at the Grand Hyatt in Washington D.C. The conference brings together government employees and contractors to learn and discuss concrete steps agencies can take to address Digital Government priorities in a timely, cost-effective manner.
To register for this year's event, visit http://bit.ly/DigGovComm_pr . Attendees can also register onsite the day of the conference. The event can also be followed on Twitter with the hashtag #GovD12.
Keynote speaker, Peter Sims, will discuss how government employees can innovate in smaller, risk-averse ways to facilitate change, encourage creativity and ultimately deliver better citizen services."Government agencies are beginning to transform the way communications is used to impact mission goals by using new technologies to make more direct connections with the public," said Scott Burns, CEO and co-Founder of GovDelivery. "This event is designed to highlight success stories and be a platform for government employees to discuss ways to effectively leverage all forms of digital media to reach and engage the public in order to capture this transformative opportunity." Confirmed speakers include:
- Peter Sims, author of Little Bets: How Breakthrough Idea Emerge from Small Discoveries and co-author of True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership
- Thom Rubel, Vice President of Research, IDC Government Insights
- Jon Booth, Director, Website & New Media, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Steve Jost, Associate Director for Communications, U.S. Census Bureau
- Aimee Dobrzeniecki, Deputy Director, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, National Institute for Standards & Technology (NIST)
- Chris Dorobek, Host of daily podcast series DorobekINSIDER on GovLoop Insights and Founder of DorobekInsider.com
- Scott Burns, CEO and co-founder, GovDelivery
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts