Learning Tree International (NASDAQ: LTRE) has announced the introduction of a new course: Windows® 8: A Comprehensive Hands-on Introduction. This course is for IT and desktop support staff, systems administrators, power users and anyone wanting to gain hands-on experience with Windows 8.
“Attendees of this four-day course will be taught the skills necessary to successfully maintain, manage and support Windows 8,” said John Moriarty, vice president of Product Development for Learning Tree International. “They will learn how to create, manage and secure user accounts, groups and resources; customize Windows 8 settings, network protocols and services; and implement the latest Windows 8 enterprise and Internet features.”
Practical hands-on exercises reinforce the knowledge and skills learned in class. Exercises include:
- Installing and customizing Windows ® 8.
- Leveraging the features of the user interface.
- Accessing applications from the Windows App Store.
- Configuring the system with PowerShell.
- Managing user accounts and profiles.
- Securing and auditing resource access.
- Providing access to network resources.
- Solving application compatibility issues.
- Troubleshooting application compatibility.
Learning Tree will begin presenting Windows® 8: A Comprehensive Hands-on Introduction at its education centers in October, 2012. The current schedule includes the following dates:New York, NY – October 23-26, 2012Washington, DC (Rockville, MD) – January 8-11, 2013Ottawa, ON – January 29 – February 1, 2013New York, NY – February 19-22, 2013Toronto, ON – March 5-8, 2013Washington, DC (Reston, VA) – March 19-22, 2013 Three convenient attendance options:
- In-class at a Learning Tree Education Center .
- Web-based attendance via Learning Tree AnyWare™, our instructor-led training delivery solution that allows participants to join a course from their home, office, or any Internet-accessible location.
- On-site as a private, tailored event, delivered by Learning Tree at a client facility of choice.