- Safety Data Sheets undergoing big modifications in the US due to OSHA's adoption of the Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- MSDSonline offering new on-demand training course to help companies train employees in time for fast- approaching compliance deadlines
CHICAGO, Oct. 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MSDSonline, the leading provider of sustainable cloud-based EH&S solutions, today announced the launch of a new online workplace training course entitled "Safety Data Sheets." The new course, geared toward employees exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace, explores in depth each of the 16 sections that make up OSHA's new styled safety data sheet (SDS) in the GHS format.
"Safety Data Sheets" is the second in a series of three GHS compliance training courses being developed by MSDSonline. It follows MSDSonline's best-selling online training course, "Hazard Communication 2012," which was released in May 2012 and covers OSHA's recently updated Hazard Communication Standard (HCS). The third course, to be released soon, will provide a comprehensive exploration of chemical product labeling requirements under GHS.
Updated courses are needed because in May of 2012, OSHA enacted a major revision to its Hazard Communication Standard, based on guidance from the United Nations' Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals. One of the chief revisions to the standard pertains to material safety data sheet requirements. For instance, in the revised HCS, the term MSDS has been modified to Safety Data Sheet or SDS."This new SDS course is a perfect complement to our Hazard Communication 2012 course. Together, these courses can help safety managers satisfy OSHA's employee training requirement on the new HazCom standard. It may seem like December 1, 2013, OSHA's first deadline for HazCom 2012 training, is a long way off, but it will be here before we know it," said PJ Schoeny, Product Manager for the MSDSonline workplace training solutions. "Training employees now will provide them with a more thorough understanding of the HazCom 2012 changes, which they will need in order work safely during the transition."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV