UMB Fund Services, Inc. (UMBFS) further expands its servicing capabilities with the launch of the Alternative Investment Communication Engine (ACE), a proprietary business process and content management solution. ACE will be used in providing transfer agency services for the growing number of alternative investment asset managers with registered hedge funds that are serviced from UMBFS’ Milwaukee headquarters.
UMBFS worked closely with SunGard to develop ACE. The solution leverages business process management to automate processing and achieve seamless integration between the UMBFS registered hedge funds business system and SunGard’s Asset Arena Transfer Agency platform. The result is a proprietary solution tailored to meet the specific servicing needs of UMBFS’ alternative investment clients.
ACE incorporates SunGard’s Infinity Process Platform from Asset Arena Transfer Agency, as well as Asset Arena Transfer Agency’s enterprise reporting, document repository, and data repository. It helps UMBFS to deliver:
- Increased efficiency and improved accuracy through single input of investor information and subscription/tender transactions into UMBFS’ investor recordkeeping and transaction systems, combined with automated cash management.
- Automated delivery to clients of intraday status reports on investor transactions. UMBFS’ clients now have secure access to the solution’s web portal, where they can view and download subscription and tender status reports anytime, anywhere.
“Registered hedge funds are a significant and growing segment of our clientele, so it’s important that we invest in this business and prepare for continued growth,” said Maureen Quill, executive vice president of investor services for UMBFS. “Our collaboration with SunGard has resulted in a dynamic platform that positions us well to provide the outstanding service our clients expect from us.”“Asset servicers such as UMBFS are seeing more institutional allocations go to alternative investments,” said Mark Judah, senior vice president and managing director of SunGard’s Asset Arena Transfer Agency business unit. “To take advantage of this growth opportunity and stay ahead of demand, they require robust business process and content management solutions that help deliver greater operational efficiency and control.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV