Methodology & Results
- This was a multi-arm Phase 1 study in which MM-111 was combined with commonly used HER2-targeting regimens. Each arm of the study ran as a separate Phase 1 using standard 3+3 dose escalation. Safety, Tolerability, PK and responses were evaluated.
- A total of 46 patients with documented advanced HER2 + cancer received weekly doses of MM-111 at 10 mg/kg and escalated up to 20 mg/kg.
- MM-111 was tolerable and could be safely combined at full dose with lapatinib / trastuzumab and paclitaxel / trastuzumab regimens. The capecitabine containing arm required dose reduction of capecitabine. Re-escalation of MM-111 is ongoing.
- The toxicity profile of the MM-111 combinations was consistent with that generally observed in patients receiving the underlying HER2 therapy.
- Across all dosing regimens, the overall clinical benefit rate, defined as complete response (CR), partial response (PR) and stable disease (SD) for at least 4 months, was 52 percent in 29 evaluable patients.
- Responses were observed across various tumor types including, breast, bladder, esophageal, colorectal and ovarian cancers.
About Network Biology
Network Biology is a Merrimack Pharmaceuticals' proprietary, multidisciplinary approach to drug discovery and development, efficiently combining biology and mathematical modeling to understand the complex network, or molecular web of signaling pathways, within a cancer cell and the relationship between switches that turn specific processes on and off, triggering cell growth. Merrimack utilizes this information to develop medicines to disrupt or alter cancer growth signaling and to develop diagnostics to identify which patients will benefit most from each treatment. Network Biology is highly efficient and has the potential to significantly quicken the pace of drug discovery and development for not just cancer, but a multitude of serious diseases.
About Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Merrimack Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of serious diseases, with an initial focus on cancer. Merrimack applies Network Biology, its proprietary systems biology-based approach to biomedical research, throughout the research and development process. Merrimack currently has five targeted therapeutic oncology candidates in clinical development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV