"Despite a turbulent history, Sirius XM is on the cusp of leveraging premier content and its growing subscriber base," wrote research analyst Jessica Reif Cohen, in a note released on Tuesday. "In our opinion, Sirius XM's best days are ahead, as the automobile sales recovery chugs along."
Bank of America Merrill Lynch has a $3.75 price target for Sirius XM, which was the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 2,468,981.
Citi also reiterated its buy rating on Sirius XM early on Monday, citing Liberty Media's (LMCA) recent moves toward taking control of the radio firm."Over the past few months, Liberty has spent $1.4 billion in cash to increase its stake in Sirius from 40% to 49.6%," wrote Citi analyst Jason Bazinet, in a note. "We expect Liberty to cross the 50% threshold later this year." Liberty Media was also upgraded to buy by Citi. Facebook (FB) was once again a gainer in premarket trading, rising 0.95% to $22.20 on Tuesday. The social networker's shares closed up 1.52% on Monday after Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg discussed "the huge opportunity" offered by mobile during an interview with CNBC and voiced the company's disappointment and surprise at its botched IPO earlier this year. Networking heavyweight Cisco (CSCO), which has enjoyed a recent rally, gained 1.11% to reach $19.11. Research In Motion (RIMM) shares also headed northward in premarket trading, rising 0.51% to reach $7.90. Apple (AAPL), which is rumored to be planning the launch of its iPad Mini later this month, was up 0.84% to $664.90. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV