MELVILLE, N.Y., Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Terra®, a brand of The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAIN), a leading natural and organic products company providing consumers with A Healthy Way of Life™, today announced its sponsorship of Just Food's Fifth Annual "Let Us Eat Local" Tasting Benefit. Just Food is a nonprofit organization that connects New York City communities with local farms and local food including community supported agriculture ("CSA") efforts. Terra exotic vegetable chip products, which are manufactured in Moonachie, New Jersey, will be featured in conjunction with stellar tastings from New York's finest restaurants and artisan producers. Proceeds from the event will support Just Food's mission and programs.
"We are excited to extend our support to Just Food and the Let Us Eat Local event in New York City on October 3 rd as part of our ongoing commitment to provide 'A Healthy Way of Life™' by promoting family, community and environmental well-being," said Irwin D. Simon, Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hain Celestial.
"As a CSA member and local food supporter, I am personally proud to support Just Food and local farms in the New York metropolitan area. The diversity of fruits and vegetables grown on these farms provide the inspiration for the artisanal varieties of our Terra products that we produce," said Jared Simon, Category Manager, Snacks of Hain Celestial.Since 1995, Just Food has pioneered and championed the proliferation of sustainable food programs, including CSAs, community-run farmers' markets, and farm-to-food pantry programs. Just Food serves thousands of New Yorkers by forging partnerships between local farms, neighborhood groups, and consumers, and by providing urban communities with a framework for growing and knowing healthy food.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV