The New York Times today launched a new experimental Web App for iPad ( App.NYTimes.com) built in HTML5 and formatted for optimal reading on the iPad.
The app is available exclusively to digital subscribers to NYTimes.com with tablet access, which includes the Web + Tablet and All Digital Access packages. It is also available to home delivery subscribers who link their account for digital access. Subscribers are encouraged to send feedback about their experience with the app.
“Our subscribers have told us they are interested in trying new ways of reading The Times across a variety of platforms,” said Denise Warren, senior vice president and chief advertising officer, The New York Times Media Group, and general manager, NYTimes.com. “We are working constantly to develop new products that distribute our content in innovative ways, and this Web-based app is just one example of that.”
The Web App boasts several unique features, including four ways to read and discover The Times:1. Trending: The Trending section lists the top 25 trending Times articles on Twitter from the past hour. This section functions in conjunction with Cascade, a proprietary data visualization tool developed by The Times Company’s Research & Development group, which monitors the sharing of content on Twitter. 2. Times Wire: A continuous, reverse chronological feed of the latest articles, videos and slide shows published on NYTimes.com. 3. Today’s Paper: In this reading format, users can browse the app like they would the newspaper, with sections organized under print topic headings. 4. All Sections: The full breadth of Times coverage, from breaking news, to video and photography. The app also features new swipe-friendly navigation for an easy reading experience, as well as optimized designs for both portrait and landscape modes. Lincoln is the official launch sponsor of The NYTimes Web App.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV