D&B (NYSE: DNB), the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, is recognizing top-creditworthy businesses in Canada that achieved a D&B Financial Stress Score (FSS) Risk Class of 1, the best score possible. The D&B FSS is a dynamic score that updates continuously, reflecting the projected financial stability at a company, and is recognized internationally as an indicator of creditworthiness.
“To achieve a FSS Risk Class of 1 during one of the most challenging economic times in recent history is a unique accomplishment, and we congratulate these companies,” said Jeff Stuek, president, D&B Canada. “As Canada continues to experience modest economic growth and inflation, D&B’s FSS is even more vital to distinguish which businesses are truly creditworthy, enabling customers with a Risk Class 1 to leverage their status to capitalize on future market growth opportunities.”
According to Industry Canada, insolvencies increased in Canada by 3.6 percent earlier this year compared with the period the previous year. Since the European crisis has intensified, The Bank of Canada has decreased its growth outlook for the Canadian economy for the remainder of the year from 2.5 percent to 2.1 percent. D&B’s FSS Risk Class empowers banks with the actionable insight needed to make smart lending decisions, particularly during such volatile times.
The D&B FSS is a statistically based score that evaluates companies on a combination of business characteristics including demographics, past payment performance, public records data and financial statements. Using a 1 to 5 scale, the FSS Risk Class provides D&B’s opinion of the likelihood that a company will file for bankruptcy, cease operations, or go into receivership or reorganize in the next 12 months. A 1 rating indicates that a business has a low probability of failure while a 5 indicates that a company has a higher probability of failure...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV