That can happen to a stock you bought at $300 and saw though to $650 to $700. Profits can dwindle away if you completely discount the possibility that past performance and an extraordinary present are not necessarily indicative of future results.
When the writing on the wall starts turning into reality, don't let emotion keep you in a position out of spite. That's not a call to sell Apple today. It is, however, a piece of prudence to keep your head on straight and listen attentively when respectable figures such as Craig Barrett can't even stop talking about Steve Jobs.
At the time of publication, the author was long FB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV