MELVILLE, N.Y., Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC), the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners, is honoring National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by raising awareness of the importance of early detection through the Company's seventh annual 'Think Pink, Practice Pink' program, in partnership with the American Cancer Society (the "Society").
Through the 'Think Pink, Practice Pink' program, Henry Schein offers a wide selection of "pink products" —ranging from health care consumables and practice supplies to apparel and gift items— to its Dental, Dental Laboratory, Medical, and Special Markets customers. Through the end of December, a portion of the sales of these special products will be donated to the Society through the Henry Schein Cares Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that supports and promotes dental, medical, and animal health by helping to increase access to care globally. Over the past seven years, Henry Schein's 'Think Pink, Practice Pink' program has raised more than $500,000 for cancer care.
"Our 'Think Pink, Practice Pink' program exemplifies Henry Schein's unique model of social responsibility, through which we create opportunities for our Team Schein Members, supplier partners, and customers to participate in a shared effort to 'help health happen,'" said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Henry Schein, Inc. "Working together, we can exponentially enhance the impact that any one of us could have alone."Henry Schein provides free health and disease screenings for Team Schein Members throughout the year, including mammograms, as part of Henry Schein's wellness and prevention program. Every year, there have been a number of Team Schein Members who have had diseases or conditions discovered as a result of these screenings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV