Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc. (BEST) today announced the receipt of three contracts from Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) valued at $5.5 million for beamline components for the National Synchrotron Light Source (NSLS-II) under construction in New York, as well as four other contracts for beamline experimental stations from customers in Korea, Taiwan, China and the United Kingdom.
The three BEST contracts from BNL include beamline components for Coherent Hard X-ray (CHX) Scattering, Submicron Resolution X-ray (SRX) Spectroscopy, and Inelastic X-ray Scattering (IXS).
According to the BNL website, NSLS-II will be a new state-of-the-art, medium-energy electron storage ring (3 billion electron-volts) designed to deliver world-leading intensity and brightness, and will produce X-rays more than 10,000 times brighter than the current NSLS facility. The NSLS and NSLS-II facilities support a large community of scientists using photons (light) to carry out research in energy and environmental sciences, physics, materials science, chemistry, biology and medicine. NSLS-II is scheduled to begin operations in 2015 and is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science.
The other four contracts announced by BEST, valued together at approximately $6 million, are:
- Pohang Accelerator Laboratory, South Korea, for Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscope (STXM) endstation
- Diamond Light Source, the UK’s national synchrotron, for high-end STXM endstation
- Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, for three Protein Crystallography (PX) endstations, including microdiffractometers
- National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center, Taiwan, for two PX microdiffractometers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV