About Lilly DiabetesLilly has been a global leader in diabetes care since 1923, when we introduced the world's first commercial insulin. Today we work to meet the diverse needs of people with diabetes through research and collaboration, a broad and growing product portfolio and a continued commitment to providing real solutions — from medicines to support programs and more — to make lives better.For more information, visit www.lillydiabetes.com.
- Hach T, Lambers Heerspink HJ, Pfarr E, et al. The sodium glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT-2) inhibitor empagliflozin lowers blood pressure independent of weight or HbA1c changes. [Abstract #770]. Presented at the 48th European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Annual Meeting. October 1-5, Berlin.
- Data on file, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Fact Sheet: National Estimates and General Information on Diabetes and Prediabetes in the United States, 2011. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.
- International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas, 5th Edition: Fact Sheet. 2011.
- International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas, 5th Edition: What is Diabetes? http://www.idf.org/diabetesatlas/5e/what-is-diabetes. Accessed on: September 24, 2012.