Pooled Analysis Demonstrated Reductions In Systolic Blood Pressure With Empagliflozin, An Investigational SGLT-2 Inhibitor, Independent Of Changes In Blood Glucose And Weight In Adults With Type 2 Diabetes
About Lilly DiabetesLilly has been a global leader in diabetes care since 1923, when we introduced the world's first commercial insulin. Today we work to meet the diverse needs of people with diabetes through research and collaboration, a broad and growing product portfolio and a continued commitment to providing real solutions — from medicines to support programs and more — to make lives better.
For more information, visit www.lillydiabetes.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements about empagliflozin, a compound under investigation. It reflects Lilly's current beliefs; however, as with any such undertaking, there are substantial risks and uncertainties in the process of drug development and commercialization. There is no guarantee that future study results and patient experience will be consistent with study findings to date, or that empagliflozin will receive regulatory approvals or will prove to be commercially successful. For further discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, please see Lilly's Latest Forms 10-Q and 10-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Lilly undertakes no duty to update forward-looking statements.
- Hach T, Lambers Heerspink HJ, Pfarr E, et al. The sodium glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT-2) inhibitor empagliflozin lowers blood pressure independent of weight or HbA1c changes. [Abstract #770]. Presented at the 48th European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Annual Meeting. October 1-5, Berlin.
- Data on file, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Fact Sheet: National Estimates and General Information on Diabetes and Prediabetes in the United States, 2011. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.
- International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas, 5th Edition: Fact Sheet. 2011.
- International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas, 5th Edition: What is Diabetes? http://www.idf.org/diabetesatlas/5e/what-is-diabetes. Accessed on: September 24, 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts