MONROE, La., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) announced today that in light of current market conditions it has decided not to proceed with its previously-announced senior notes offering at this time. CenturyLink opportunistically sought to refinance certain indebtedness of its wholly-owned subsidiary Qwest Communications International Inc. ("Qwest") at attractive rates.
As a result of its decision not to proceed with its senior notes offering, CenturyLink also announced that Qwest is hereby terminating its previously-announced cash tender offer for its outstanding 7.125% Notes due 2018 (CUSIP Number 749121CC1). Qwest is terminating the tender offer because it has determined that the financing condition is unlikely to be satisfied.Qwest has previously committed to redeem on October 26, 2012 all $550 million aggregate principal amount of its 8.00% Notes due 2015. Qwest now expects to fund this redemption with borrowings available to it under CenturyLink's revolving credit facility. This press release constitutes a formal termination of Qwest's tender offer. CenturyLink and Qwest reserve the right to initiate a new tender offer at a later date if market conditions become more favorable, but are under no obligation to do so. Qwest also reserves the right to repurchase from time to time its 7.125% Notes due 2018 through other means, including redemption transactions, but is under no obligation to do so. This press release is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an offer to buy nor a solicitation of an offer to sell the above-described notes or any other securities. This press release shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction. Qwest's tender offer was made solely pursuant to the press release issued earlier today by Qwest and CenturyLink.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV