HOUSTON, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CARBO Ceramics Inc. (NYSE: CRR) has named Don P. Conkle as Vice President of Marketing and Sales effective October 1, 2012.
Mr. Conkle joins CARBO from Schlumberger, where he most recently served as Production Group Marketing and Technology Director. Mr. Conkle's career with Schlumberger began 26 years ago. Mr. Conkle held a variety of leadership positions within Schlumberger with particular emphasis on Pressure Pumping products and services and other recovery related products.
President and CEO Gary Kolstad commented, "We are pleased that Don is joining CARBO. We expect Don's expertise to further develop our leadership position in the markets we serve. Don's technical and leadership skills complement our Marketing and Sales team's focus. He intuitively understands the challenges our customers face and our primary mission to improve production and recovery rates in oil and natural gas reservoirs."Positions held by Mr. Conkle in Schlumberger included Geomarket Manager, Global Vice President of Stimulation Services, Theme Technical Director – High Volume, Global Personnel Manager – Well Services, and Middle East Technique Manager – Well Services. Mr. Conkle has a Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering from Marietta College. CARBO is the world's largest supplier of ceramic proppant for fracturing oil and gas wells and a supplier of resin-coated sand proppant; the provider of the industry's most widely used fracture simulation software; and a provider of fracture design and consulting services. The company also provides a broad range of technologies for spill prevention, containment and countermeasures, along with geotechnical monitoring. SOURCE CARBO Ceramics Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV