The release of Green Button Connect created excitement in the developer community, drawing new apps from startups like PEV4Me, Leafully and Unplug Stuff, all of which have products that customers with electric SmartMeters™ can access starting today.
"We want it to be really easy and quick for customers to manage their energy use," said PG&E Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer Karen Austin. "It should take a minute to securely share your data with a solar panel installation company, not 10 minutes."
PG&E will continue to roll out diverse smart grid technologies including Green Button Connect to improve service and reliability, lower customer costs and incorporate more renewable energy onto the grid.
In the future, as part of PG&E's plan to enable new customer energy management capabilities, different pricing programs will be introduced to give customers the opportunity to shift their energy use to times of the day when energy prices are lower and potentially save on their bills. PG&E's smart grid projects will also support more widespread customer adoption of rooftop solar as well as "smart charging" programs that encourage the use of zero-emission electric vehicles, while helping protect the safety and reliability of the energy grid.Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with more than 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit http://www.pge.com/about/newsroom/. SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV