HOUSTON, Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FET) announced today that it has acquired Syntech Technology, Inc. (Syntech). Located in Lorton, VA, Syntech is a manufacturer of syntactic foam buoyancy materials used for remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) and other deepwater flotation applications. Details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Cris Gaut, Forum's chairman and chief executive officer, remarked, "Syntech is a welcome addition to our Forum Subsea Technologies product line and integrates an important part of the ROV supply chain. We plan to continue Syntech's long legacy of providing top quality buoyancy materials to all of Syntech's customers, while investing in the company to expand capacity and to serve new markets."
About SyntechFounded in 1985, Syntech is a leading manufacturer of syntactic buoyancy foam for a variety of applications, including buoyancy foams for deep underwater flotation and underwater acoustic materials. The company serves the marine and oceanographic industries worldwide. About Forum Forum Energy Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Houston, TX, is a global provider of manufactured technologies and applied products to the energy industry. FET's over 3,200 employees provide the products and technologies essential to solving the increasingly complex challenges of the energy industry. For more information, please visit www.f-e-t.com .
CONTACT: Donna Smith - Director, Marketing & Communications 281.949.2514 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact Mark Traylor - Investor Relations 281.368.1108 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV