FOX Business Network’s (FBN) Lou Dobbs Tonight beat CNBC’s The Kudlow Report in the coveted advertising demo of persons aged 25-54 for the entire third quarter of 2012 as well as the month of September, according to Nielsen Media Research. The victory marks the first quarterly win for the 7 PM/ET program anchored by Lou Dobbs since launching in March of 2011.
From July through September, Dobbs averaged an 11 percent advantage over CNBC with 41,000 viewers in the demo to Larry Kudlow’s 37,000. In total viewers, Dobbs earned 141,000, just 11 percent shy of Kudlow’s 159,000. For the month of September, Dobbs pulled a 33 percent lead in the demo with 44,000 to Kudlow’s 33,000 and came within 5 percent of CNBC’s 7 PM/ET viewership with 146,000 to Kudlow’s 153,000.
Currently available in roughly two-thirds of the households as CNBC, this is the first time FBN has notched a quarterly ratings win in the advertiser friendly demo. Dobbs achieved his first monthly ratings win in the demo this past July with a 10 percent lead over CNBC.
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 under the leadership of FOX News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes and is now available in more than 60 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by News Corp, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London. On the web at www.foxbusiness.comFor more information, please go to www.foxbusiness.com/mediarelations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV