- The nationwide I-SPY2 trial, which continues to be a pioneer in the clinical trial design and drug development process, is decreasing the time to bring a new drug to the marketplace from 10 to 15 years to 3 to 6 years. This shortened time span lowers drug costs and gives patients quicker access to new, potentially life-saving medications.
- Athena Breast Health Network Specialists have been hired and trained to assist patients at elevated risk for breast cancer to better understand their risk factors and prevention strategies. The Athena Breast Health Network is a collaboration between the five University of California (UC) Medical Centers, the Institute for Health Policy Studies at UC San Francisco, and the School of Public Health at UC Berkeley. Athena patient "navigators" at each of the five UC Medical Centers are the first point of contact for patients to help them understand their personal breast health options for prevention.
- The re-launch of the celebrated BreastCancerTrials.org website in March 2012. The site, which provides a matching service that enables patients to find trials personalized to their individualized cancer and experience, has new expanded educational content and features QuickViews, an easy way for users to review groups of trials organized by categories, such as complementary and alternative medicine trials, vaccine trials and metastatic breast cancer.
- Funding more than 100 organizations to further local research, treatment and access to preventive services in the neighborhoods where our customers and employees live.
Safeway Dedicates October To Breast Cancer Research
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts