DANIEL ISLAND, S.C., Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Student Transportation Inc. ("STI") (TSX:STB) (Nasdaq:STB), North America's third-largest provider of school bus transportation services, is showing its support of National Bullying Prevention Month with a company-wide "Bullying STOPS Here" campaign.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14969
STI and its family of companies will conduct awareness-raising events and activities throughout the month of October. Company bus drivers across North America are kicking off the month today by wearing blue shirts to show solidarity against bullying.Other activities this month will include poster contests in conjunction with local schools and the display of STI "Bullying STOPS Here" posters in company buses, terminals and schools. In other locations, employees will design t-shirts with anti-bullying messages and host community events to promote kindness. All locations will conduct special training sessions to promote awareness and continue to educate drivers and other employees about how to prevent bullying on the school bus. "The first step in education is the first step on the school bus," said Nicholas Pizzo, Director of Organizational Development at Student Transportation Inc. "We transport more than 700,000 students to school each day and our efforts to maintain a safe and calm environment on the school bus sets the stage for a positive learning experience throughout the day. Doing everything possible to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers and drivers is part of our unique safety culture."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV