All of Nuveen’s closed-end funds seek to pay stable distributions at rates that reflect each fund’s past results and projected future performance. During certain periods, each fund may pay distributions at a rate that may be more or less than the amount of net investment income actually earned by the fund during the period. If a fund cumulatively earned more than it has paid in distributions, it holds the excess in reserve as undistributed net investment income (UNII) as part of the fund’s net asset value (NAV). Conversely, if a fund has cumulatively paid distributions in excess of its earnings, the excess constitutes negative UNII that is likewise reflected in the fund’s NAV. Each fund will, over time, pay all of its net investment income as distributions to shareholders. The funds’ positive or negative UNII balances are disclosed from time to time in their periodic shareholder reports, and are also on www.nuveen.com/cef
In addition, distributions for certain funds investing in real estate investment trusts (REITs) may later be characterized as capital gains and/or a return of capital, depending on the character of the dividends reported to each fund after year-end by REIT securities held by each fund. The Nuveen preferred securities funds, JTP, JPS and JHP may invest in REITs; a list of funds that are likely to be affected by re-characterization is posted to www.nuveen.com each January, and updated tax characteristics are posted to the web site and mailed to shareholders via form 1099-DIV during the first quarter of the year.
Nuveen Investments provides high-quality investment services designed to help secure the long-term goals of institutional and individual investors as well as the consultants and financial advisors who serve them. Nuveen Investments markets a wide range of specialized investment solutions which provide investors access to capabilities of its high-quality boutique investment affiliates—Nuveen Asset Management, Symphony Asset Management, NWQ Investment Management Company, Santa Barbara Asset Management, Tradewinds Global Investors, Winslow Capital Management, and Gresham Investment Management. In total, Nuveen Investments managed approximately $212 billion as of June 30, 2012. For more information, please visit the Nuveen Investments website at www.nuveen.com.
* Nuveen does not provide tax advice; consult a professional tax advisor regarding your specific tax situation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV