SAN DIEGO, Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, today announced William G. Bock has been elected to its Board of Directors and will serve on the Company's Audit Committee. Mr. Bock's appointment increases Entropic's Board to seven Directors.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14952
Mr. Bock brings to Entropic's Board a wealth of semiconductor sector, corporate leadership and board experience. He retired from Silicon Laboratories in 2011, after serving five-years as the Company's senior vice president of finance and administration and chief financial officer. Prior to joining Silicon Laboratories, Mr. Bock was a partner at venture capital firms CenterPoint Ventures and Verity Ventures. He also served as president and chief executive officer of Dazel Corporation, a provider of electronic information delivery systems, which was later acquired by Hewlett-Packard. Mr. Bock also held the position of executive vice president and chief operating officer of Tivoli Systems, a client server software company, which he helped take public in 1995, and was later acquired by IBM. Prior to Tivoli, Mr. Bock successfully completed an IPO at Convex Computer Corporation as chief financial officer, and spent nine-years in key finance roles at Texas Instruments."We are pleased to welcome Bill to Entropic's Board, as he is an accomplished executive with extensive board experience that will greatly benefit Entropic's expanding role in the connected home entertainment market," said Umesh Padval, chairman of the board, Entropic Communications. "Further, Bill's strategic insight and expertise gained from his senior leadership roles with major global corporations will be significant in helping guide Entropic for future growth and success in the years ahead."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV