Potential investors may want to await more details concerning today's big news from CVI. One way to play this situation is to buy half of the shares you want now and then see if there's a pullback or a recalibration of the value of the CVR Refining IPO. This way you might have the chance to buy the other half at an even lower price.
These are the kinds of energy companies that have numerous valuable operations, properties and hidden "treasures" that can reward shareholders who anticipate the unlocking or unwinding of the company's segments. Check them out for yourselves and consider benefiting from their profitable plans.
As of the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust -- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV