CHICAGO, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Fifth Third Bank ( Chicago) launched its annual campaign honoring the men and women who serve our country in the armed forces.
The employee-led fundraising effort provides educational scholarships to family members of wounded or killed soldiers, and includes extensive volunteer efforts throughout the bank's footprint at local veterans homes, organizations, and VA hospitals. The effort culminates with a Veterans Day Rally and Appreciation Event at Chicago's famed Union Station on Monday, November 12.
"Every single person that lives in the United States benefits from the hard work, commitment and sacrifice of our nation's soldiers," said Robert A. Sullivan, President & CEO, Fifth Third Bank ( Chicago). "We're excited to invite the community to join us in demonstrating our gratitude to those who serve in the military through our fundraising campaign and related events."
The Fifth Third Bank Veterans Day campaign includes:
- Educational Scholarships. Through the Folds of Honor Foundation, Fifth Third Bank ( Chicago) employees and clients are raising money from October 1 through November 17 that will fund educational scholarships of Chicago area family members of wounded or lost soldiers. The bank will match all donations raised up to $50,0000. The public is invited into any Fifth Third banking center to make a donation. In 2011, the bank funded scholarships in excess of $100 thousand dollars. Military families are encouraged to apply for scholarships at http://www.foldsofhonor.org/
- Volunteerism. From serving meals to aging veterans, volunteering time at community Veterans Day events, spending time with elderly veterans at VA hospitals, to placing flags on the graves of soldiers in area cemeteries, hundreds of Fifth Third Bank employees will spend November 12 giving their time and talents to benefit United States Veterans in their local communities.
- Military Care Packages. Many Fifth Third Bank employees will spend Veterans Day assembling care packages at Union Station. The public is invited to come to Union Station and write notes of support that will go inside the care packages. Other veteran- related organizations will be on hand at the event, including Heart of a Marine Foundation, Bringing War Dogs Home, and more. At 2:00 p.m. the bank will join local elected officials, dignitaries and local celebrities for a ceremonial program of appreciation honoring military veterans and all those who serve in the U.S. military.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts