Layne Christensen (LAYN) is a global water management, construction and drilling company. The company provides solutions for water, mineral and energy challenges. This stock is trading up 8.6% at $21.09 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 266,000Average Volume: 170,069 Volume % Change: 163% >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying From a technical perspective, LAYN is ripping higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $20.31 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing LAYN within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once LAYN manages to clear its 200-day at $21.72, and then once it takes out some more overhead resistance at $22.48 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in LAYN as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $20.31, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that's near or above 170,069 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for LAYN to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $22.48 to $23.03, or possibly even $24.50. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV