Illumina (ILMN) is a developer and manufacturer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. This stock is trading up 2.4% at $49.35 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.7 millionAverage Volume: 1.2 million Volume % Change: 154% >>5 Biotech Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, ILMN is bouncing higher here right off some near-term support at $48 with above-average volume. This move has started to push ILMN into breakout territory, since the stock is flirting with some near-term overhead resistance at $49.27. At last check, ILMN has hit an intraday high of $50.08 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 1.2 million shares. Trades should now look for long-biased trades in ILMN as long as its trending above today's low of $48.20 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1.2 million shares as bullish. IF ILMN can maintain that trend, and especially its trend above $49.27, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $52.50 to $55.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV