BERKELEY, Calif., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its continuing work to connect children and families with real food, Annie's today announced its support and sponsorship of the 2012/2013 class of FoodCorps Fellows, 12 standout FoodCorps alumni embarking on a second year of service.
Throughout the school year, FoodCorps Fellows will support, guide and mentor FoodCorps Service Members in each state the organization serves ( Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina and Oregon). The Fellows will also coordinate projects and cultivate relationships with local partners, media and the community at large.
"For decades, Annie's has been dedicated to programs that provide access to and education about real food," said Sarah Bird, Chief Mom Officer for Annie's. "As an extension of this commitment, Annie's is very proud to support FoodCorps, a pioneering, like-minded organization fostering truly meaningful and lasting relationships between kids and healthy food."
As a seed funder and anchor sponsor of FoodCorps' first crop of Fellows, Annie's is helping FoodCorps make a significant impact on childhood obesity and food insecurity, as well as making possible:
- Garden-enhanced nutrition education in schools;
- Building and tending to gardens that serve as tools for engaging children to become more adventurous eaters, and for engaging parents and community members to become advocates for healthier school lunch;
- Greater access to healthy food for kids and families both inside and outside the school environment; and
- Stronger communities through the recruitment, training and placement of community volunteers committed to long-term sustainability of the healthy food environments Annie's and FoodCorps help create.
- Grants for Gardens: Grants of up to $1,500 twice a year to schools interested in starting and sustaining school gardens. Online Grants for Gardens applications will be available October 1 at www.Annies.com/school-gardens.
- Sustainable Agriculture Scholarships: $100,000 in scholarships awarded each year to selected college and graduate students studying sustainable agriculture. Applications for Sustainable Agriculture Scholarships are available at www.Annies.com/our-practices/agricultural-scholarships/.
- Annie's Garden Resource: A free, downloadable "how to" guide for five school garden types (e.g., windowsill, vertical, raised bed & container, tunnel & greenhouse, and large-scale gardens), developed in partnership with the Center for Ecoliteracy. This guide and additional Gardens of Goodness resources from school garden experts such as Farm to School are available at www.Annies.com/school-gardens.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV