9. BB&T Corp.
Shares of BB&T Corp. (BBT) of Winston-Salem, N.C., closed at $33.10 Friday, returning 34% year-to-date, following a 2% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 2.2 times tangible book value, and for 10.9 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $3.04. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.76.
Based on a quarterly payout of 20 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.42%.
For the 12-month period ended June 30, BB&T's ROA was 0.97%, while the company's ROE was 9.33%.The analyst consensus is for BB&T to report a third-quarter profit of 70 cents a share down from 72 cents the previous quarter, but increasing from 52 cents a year earlier. BB&T on July 31 completed its acquisition of BankAtlantic, bringing on roughly $1.8 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in deposits, and over 70 Florida branches. JPMorgan Chase analyst Vivek Juneja has a neutral rating on BB&T, with a price target of $36.50, saying on Friday that the company "is growing revenues solidly led by faster loan and deposit growth and
Interested in more on BB&T? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV